Milford Democratic Town Committee
Milford, Connecticut – Our Democratic Town Committee meeting will be held on April 27th at the Elks Lodge on New Haven Ave. 7:30 PM.
Our guest speaker will be Dr Arthur Paulson who will discuss “Donald Trump: An Unprecedented President“. Below is a link to an article run by WSHU describing a course that Dr Paulson teaches at Southern Connecticut State University. He is also a proud member of the 5th district of the Democratic town committee.
Our friends at the Orange Democratic Town Committee will be hosting a fun, relaxed event this Thursday night (August 18th, 2016). It is part of their annual “Meet the Candidates Picnic”.
The Picnic will be located at the High Plains Pavilion, Orange Fairgrounds , 525 Orange Center Road, on Thursday, Aug. 18 from 5:30 pm to 8:00 p.m.
As Milford and Orange share some legislative seats, this “Meet the Candidates” will feature Milford’s Own State Senator Gayle Slossberg and Candidate for State Representative Ben Gettinger! Sean Ronan, Candidate for State Representative in the 117th, also has areas of Orange within his district.
Organizers for the event that if you require additional information or need to purchase tickets, that you reach out and call Bob at 203-530-7206 or Jody at 203-314-9975.
While the campaigns are mobilizing for the upcoming election season, making phone calls and hitting on doors, let us take time to celebrate Independence Day on July 4th. Many of us will be with friends or family and will be enjoying the fine firework shows along the Milford shoreline or in the backyard. Keep in mind that safety comes first and unless you want to spend the night at the hospital because a firecracker shot up your nose, you’ll want to remember to handle the fireworks with care.
The Milford Democrats look forward to the fireworks tonight and we hope that everyone enjoys themselves. After tonight it is back to work for many of our candidates and you may see them around walking this weekend.
Convention season 2014 is over and the nominations are closed. Members of the Milford Democratic Town Committee were very busy attending several local and State conventions as delegates to formally nominate candidates to run during the November election.
Many local conventions were held to nominate several State Representatives and our State Senator, including the Milford-Orange Judge of Probate.
- Gayle Slossberg was nominated to run once again as State Senator during the 14th Senatorial District held at West Haven City Hall. Slossberg represents Milford, Orange, and portions of West Haven and Woodbridge.
- James Maroney was nominated during the 119th Democratic Convention to run for a second term as State Representative. Maroney represents areas of Milford and Orange.
- Kim Rose was nominated by delegates of the 118th Democratic Convention, held at the Elks Lodge in Milford, to run for a third term as State Representative. Her district consists entirely of the town of Milford.
- Paul Davis was nominated by delegates of the 117th Democratic Convention to run for a sixth term as State Representative. Davis represents portions of Milford, Orange and West Haven.
- Beverly Streit-Kefalas was nominated to run for another term as Judge of Probate, representing Milford and Orange.
- Kerri Rowland was nominated as the Democratic Registrar of Voters this November. Rowland, who has been serving as the Deputy Registrar of Voters for many years, has replaced the outgoing Democratic Registrar Antoinette Carey and will run for election for a full term.
Linda Stephenson was also nominated and elected to serve on the Connecticut Democratic State Central Committee, representing District 14 (Milford, Orange and parts of West Haven and Woodbridge). Town Committees can send two people (one man and one woman) from each Senate district to serve on State Central.
The Milford Democratic Town Committee additionally sent delegates to the 2014 State Democratic Convention held in Hartford at the Connecticut Convention Center and to the 3rd Congressional District Convention held at North Haven High School.
The 2014 State Democratic Convention nominated the following candidates for state-wide office;
Dan Malloy – Governor
Nancy Wyman – Lieutenant Governor
Denise Merrill – Secretary of State
Kevin Lembo – State Comptroller
Denise Nappier – State Treasurer
George Jepsen – State Attorney
The 3rd Congressional District Convention was held at North Haven High School. U.S. Representative Rosa DeLauro was nominated by delegates. Representative DeLauro will be honored during the 6th Annual Milford DTC Awards Dinner to be held on Friday June 6th in Milford, Connecticut.
To view the complete list of Democratic candidates for the 2014 election and to visit their respective campaign sites, click here:
Candidates – 2014
For information on voting or if you’re interested in registering to vote please visit our Voting page on Milford Democrats;