This Saturday and Sunday (July 19th and 20th) will be a “Weekend of Action” for Milford and other local democrats as they convene to canvass and phone bank across Milford to drum up voters this campaign season.
There will be a special guest attending the event here in Milford and that will be US Senator Chris Murphy, who’ll be greeting and interacting with the volunteers who attend the “Weekend of Action” on Saturday.
- Where: 75 New Haven Avenue, Milford CT (next to the Milford Library and across the Fire Station). There are parking spaces behind the library to park.
- What: On July 19th and 20th local democrats will be out walking and phone banking to reach out to voters.
- What time to be there: Canvassing and phone banking shifts start from 12-2pm and 2-4pm on BOTH days.
- Who: Volunteers will be canvassing and phone-banking for our Gubernatorial and other State candidates who are running for re-election this year.
- What to bring: Make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes or bring an extra pair of shoes to leave at the office when you come back from walking. Bring an extra pen or pencil and if you have a smartphone do bring it to the event. Canvassers, if they are interested, can utilize the VoteBuilder app (known as the CT MiniVAN) and when they go out to canvass they can look at canvass areas and mark voters from the comfort of their phone. If you only have a regular cell flip-phone or no mobile device do not worry; there will be paper copies of the canvass areas to bring out to walk and mark voters by regular pen or pencil.
- What to expect: For first-time volunteers do not worry; there will be plenty of people there to assist and help you carry out your first canvass/phone bank event. For seasoned volunteers expect to team up in pairs of two and if you have a smartphone you will have the chance to use the VoteBuilder app when walking. If you are used to using regular, paper walk sheets those will be available to take as well.
In the event you can not attend this canvassing event that is not a problem. On Mondays and Wednesdays there are phone banking events taking place at 75 New Haven Avenue here in Milford from 6-8pm. There are also regular canvassing parties that take place at the same location from 12-4pm on Saturdays and Sundays.