Janet Golden, Board of Aldermen Candidate
Janet was born and raised in Milford and is raising her family here. Janet is seeking her 6th term on the Board of Aldermen. She served on the Planning and Zoning board for four years and served two years on the Board of Education representing the 2nd district.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude B.S. in Corporate Communications, SCSU
- Vice Chair of Public Works committee
- Chair of Claims Committee
- Graduate of Milford Police Citizens Academy
- Liaison to Milford Board of Education
Janet has three children. Two have graduated from the Milford school system and her youngest attends Jonathan Law High. Janet’s parents are seniors living in Milford.
“One of our most important challenges is achieving a budget that balances a quality education for our children with taxes that are fair to our senior citizens. The start for a better tomorrow begins today.”
Ward Willis, Board of Aldermen Candidate
Ward is running to return to the Board of Aldermen. He has always fought against overdevelopment to protect our New England charm in Milford. Our beautiful beaches in Milford must be preserved and protected.
- Milford Alderman, 2001-2005
- Former Zoning Board of Appeals member
- Elder Caregiver & Volunteer at the Senior Center
- Member, Milford Road Runners
- Member, Walnut Beach Association
- A.S. Degree, Housatonic Community College
- Attending, University of Bridgeport and working on B.A. in Political Science
“Being a lifelong Milford resident, I understand the needs of this community. As a former Alderman, I have first-hand knowledge of the workings of the city government. Also, volunteering at the senior center has given me a special understanding of the needs of seniors in our city.”
Nicole Wasson, Board of Education Candidate
Nicole is a lifelong Milford resident, educated in the Milford Public School System. She currently works as the Campus Coordinator for students with disabilities at UConn Stamford. Nicole has always had a passion for education and wants to contribute to making sure our children, teens, and young adults have equal access to quality education.
- B.A. Psychology and Human Development Family Studies, UConn Storrs 2016
- M.A. Public Administration, UConn Hartford 2018
- Teaches a “First Year Experience” course for students entering college
- Serves on the campus-wide Access and Accommodation Committee
- Participates as an Academic Recovery advisor
“I believe it is important that Milford prepares students to be self-advocates and critical thinkers who will leave with the tools to contribute to society in their own individual way.”
Susan Glennon, Board of Education Candidate
Sue is proud of Milford’s school system and is seeking re-election to the Board of Education. She wants to continue to help the district build on its strengths, make improvements where necessary and keep the focus on high quality instruction that meets the needs of every student.
- Milford Board of Education 2011-2019. Chairwoman, 2013-2019
- PTA member since 1992
- CT PTA Board of Directors, 2004-2011
- Business Owner and Licensed Early Childhood Professional for over 25 years
- PTA Council Honorary Life Achievement (2010)
- Certificated Board of Education Member by CABE
“I care deeply about Milford, having raised my three children here. A strong school system enhances our community and I want to ensure every student has the opportunity to reach his or her full potential.”
John Mortimer, Planning & Zoning Candidate
John is a lifelong Milford resident. He was raised and educated in town and continues to support the community by owning a local business. He earned his master’s degree from Fairfield University while working full time. No stranger to hard work and long hours, John understands the needs and priorities of the working people of our city. It’s a cause he’s championed as a lifetime member of the Teamsters at Sikorsky Aircraft. John has learned the discipline needed to see a job through to the end.
- Fairfield University – M.A., American Studies
- Member of Teamsters Local 1150, Sikorsky Aircraft
- Third Degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do
“Milford has seen great progress in many ways these past few years, and, if fortunate enough to be elected, I will work to continue Milford’s forward momentum while maintaining the friendly, small-town feel that warmly defines our little city with a big heart.”