Jay Zammiello, Board of Aldermen Candidate
Jay Zammiello was appointed to the Board of Aldermen this year. He has been a business operations and facilities professional for more than 20 years in the non-profit and hospitality industries.
- Board of Aldermen, First District
- Board of Assessment Appeals
- MBA, Fairfield University in Finance
- BA, University of Buffalo in Public Affairs
Jay and his wife Jennifer, a teacher, have been married for 18 years and have two daughters attending Milford Public Schools.
“It is an honor to represent First District as an Alderman. I will fight to maintain Milford’s current path of fiscal responsibility and balanced budget which benefits every resident of Milford.”
Michelle Parente, Board of Aldermen Candidate
Michelle works with organizations promoting families and women’s issues. She has held substantial positions as treasurer, finance director, board member, and consultant to various groups in Connecticut, Colorado, and California.
- Consultant, University of Colorado’s Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence
- Campaign Treasurer, Jared Polis for Congress (current Governor of Colorado)
- Consultant, Staton Hughes, et al. Silicon Valley
- Deputy Finance Director, Capps for Congress, CA
- Board Member, Get in Touch Foundation, Milford
- Board Member, Wall Street Theater, Norwalk
- Founding member and Treasurer, Ella’s List, CT
Michelle has one child who attends Harborside Middle School.
“I know that we all want our government to remain accountable, transparent, and honest. This will be my focus as a member of the Board of Aldermen.”
Ray Arnold, Board of Education Candidate
Ray currently serves on the Board of Education. He is a 32 year resident of Milford. Ray is married to Ann Arnold and has put two children, Raymond and Lena through Milford Public Schools.
- Corporate Engineer for Unicorr Packaging Group
- Former member, Milford Library Board
- Christ the Redeemer Parish Council
- Former Coach of Milford United Soccer Club and Milford International Little League
- BSIE – Virginia Polytechnic University and State University
Ray is devoted to his family, friends, and improving his home. He is committed to the Milford community and the public school system it provides. Ray looks forward to returning to the Board of Education to continue his fine work.
Betsy Ratner, Board of Education Candidate
Betsy Ratner is a former educator (Pre-K – College) who is passionate about utilizing learning styles to forge intellectual, social, and emotional growth. She encourages validation for confidence through reflective thinking and sharing
- Conducts workshops on creative and critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving.
- A.S. in Early Education, B.S in Education, M.S. Reading Consultant, 6th year Advanced Studies
- Teacher in Kansas, Guilford CT, and Milford CT (16 years)
- Currently organizes groups utilizing Proprioceptive Writing
Betsy has a son, daughter-in-law, and two grandchildren all living in Connecticut.
“Diversified education can initiate the essential gift of confidence, which in turn can produce growth to make a difference.”
Joseph Castignoli, Planning & Zoning Candidate
Joe currently serves on the Board of Finance and has served on the Board of Alderman in the past for ten years. He has lived in Milford for sixty years and is married to Maria and has three children Julian, Monica and Gabriella. He attended Uconn where he earned his BA and MBA degrees.
- Vice-Chairman, Milford Board of Finance
- Currently Corporate CFO and Business Consultant
- Treasurer, ValTrebbia Scholarship Fund
- UConn Alumni Association
“The Planning & Zoning Board should work to preserve Milford’s charm while maintaining the vibrancy of the community. The year 2020 marks the ten-year renewal of the ‘Plan of Conservation and Development.’ We need to update this document to assure our resources, history, and preserve our rural lands.”