the 4th District of Milford, Connecticut
Phil Vetro is Chairman of the Board of Aldermen and is seeking his 7th term on that Board. He is a Marine Corps Veteran who served two tours during the Vietnam War. Phil has owned and operated his own business, Vetro Construction LLC, since 1974.
- Chairman, Board of Aldermen
- Served eight years on the Planning & Zoning Board, and served as Chairman
- Board of Directors of the United Way of Milford, and serves on the Executive Board
- Captain, of the Point Beach Volunteer Fire Engine Co. #6 for 30 years
- Milford DTC Distinguished Service Award, 2011
- Italian-American of the Year Award, 2014, Milford Columbus Committee
Phil and his wife Peggi have lived in Milford for the last 44 years. They have two grown sons, Phil Jr and Thomas, and four grandchildren.
Susan Shaw and her family are long time Milford residents. She has served on the Planning and Zoning Board and currently serves on the Board of Aldermen. She works for UMCOR and the State’s Long Term Sandy Recovery Group.
- Mayor’s Long Term Sandy Relief Task Force
- Board of Directors, Milford Environmental Protection Initiative
- Past Chairwoman, Planning & Zoning Board
- Former President, Downtown Milford Business Association
Susan is married to Phil Givens, graphic artist and printer. They have a son, James, who is attending college and serves on the Milford Democratic Town Committee.
Earl Whiskeyman is seeking re-election to the Board of Education. Earl is a Vietnam Veteran and has been a resident of Woodmont in Milford since 1979. He believes that when making decisions about education, we need to remember “the student first.”
- Director of Information Technology, Naugatuck Public Schools (2004 – 2009)
- Former Instructor and Director, Graduate Program in Software Engineering Fairfield University
- Volunteer at Milford Hospital, Treasurer of the Milford Hospital Auxiliary
- Director, Board of Governors for Area Cooperative Educational Services (ACES)
- Vietnam Veteran, active service, 1963 – 1965
Earl and his wife of 46 years, Rita, have five adult children, all of whom attended Milford Public Schools. Earl is also the grandfather of 10.
Jess Gregory is an experienced educator that started her teaching career in the Milford Public Schools from which she graduated. She values the experience learners have in the classroom, both socially and academically.
- Published academic author
- Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, UB and SCSU
- Science Teacher, 1997 to 2009
- Ed.D. in Education Leadership – UB, 2007
- M.S. Environmental Education SCSU, 2003
- A.B. Classical Studies – Dartmouth College, 1995
Jess is married to Matthew Hunt, a Woodmont Volunteer Fireman and a graduate of Milford Public Schools.
“A successful child is a successful part of our community.”
Dr. Richard Lutz is a 40 year resident of Milford and is a professor at Quinnipiac University teaching both undergraduate and gradute students. He is seeking your support to represent the interests of the 4th District and the city of Milford on the Planning and Zoning Board.
- Former Burgess for the Borough of Woodmont
- Former member, Inlands Wetlands Commission
- Executive Board, Milford Preservation Trust
- Former Cub and Boy Scout Leader
- Former SCORE Business Consultant
- BS Psychology, Executive MBA, Doctorate in Management
- Editorial Reviewer, the Management Institute
Richard and his wife Katherine have three children and five grandchildren.