Milford Democratic Candidates for
Bryan brings experience and vision to his bid for re-election to the Board of Aldermen, where he currently serves as the liaison to Milford Council on Aging and the Milford Redevelopment and Housing Partnership. He is also liaison to the Economic Development Commission and Long Range Planning Committee of the Milford Public School system. Bryan teaches third grade at P.S. 47 in the Bronx, NY.
- Served as Alderman in the City of New Haven
- Graduate, UCONN and Fordham University
- Former realtor, Prudential CT Realty
- Historian, teaching an American History program funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities
“We need to keep Milford attractive and competitive, and that means to respect our unique environment, appreciate our seniors, work to achieve a quality education for our children and maintain an affordable and stable tax base.”
Dora is a lifelong Milford resident who grew up in the Fort Trumbull Beach community and is a Milford High School graduate. She is seeking a first term on the Milford Board of Alderman following a two-year term on the Board of Education. Dora works in the computer field as a technology specialist.
- Graduate of SCSU
- American Legion Auxiliary Member
- Past Member, Milford Fine Arts Council and the Milford Land Trust
- Part-time agent in Milford Library’s Passport Office
- Milford Police Department Citizens’ Academy
- Cancer survivor and participant in Relay for Life
Dora has one daughter, Alison Lloyd, a recent college graduate.
“I support a balanced approach to the revitalization of downtown Milford and an expansion of Milford’s Senior Tax Relief program. I believe in policy-making through sensible solutions and bipartisan efforts. ”
Laura is active in the Milford community, serving as Board Secretary for the Woodruff Family YMCA. She is seeking her first term on the Milford Board of Education where she hopes to expand collaborative relationships between schools, families and the community. She will work on behalf of all students to obtain a quality education that helps them prepare for adulthood.
- Graduate of Clark University, BA in Sociology
- PTA member and volunteer for the past 17 years
- Paraprofessional substitute (1997-1999)
- Designer and editor of http://www.milforddemocrats.com
- Seasonal Temporary in the Registrar of Voters office for the past six years.
Laura and her husband Mark have three daughters, twins Corinne and Jessica (Foran High grads), and Meredith (East Shore Middle School).
“Raising a family, including a child with special needs, has taught me how to balance different requirements and viewpoints. I believe every child can learn. My perspective will add a unique voice to the decision-making process on the BOE.”
Sarah is seeking her first term on the Milford Board of Education. A graduate of Georgetown University with a major in Government, Sarah is the Development and Marketing Manager at Earthplace, a non-profit 62-acre wildlife sanctuary in Westport. Prior to that, she was the Manager of Marketing and Fund Development of Girls Inc. of Southwestern CT.
- Graduate, Georgetown University, Government
- New York Film Academy, Director of Photography and Production Assistant
- Former Intern at NBC Universal and National Lampoon
Sarah enjoys cooking, kayaking and traveling.
“I have had the good fortune of working in education and I’ve seen its positive impact first hand. I am honored for the opportunity to bring my experience to serve the city that has served me so well.”
Terrence (Terry) Copeland has recently retired as Vice President with Enthone, Inc. in West Haven. He attended Concordia University majoring in Chemistry and Economics. Terry speaks French as a second language, has lived and worked in Singapore, France, Germany, and Canada during his distinguished career.
- Board of Directors, Quebec Federation of Home and Schools
- Former Board member MFSA (now NASF) trade association (lobbied Congress and EPA)
- Former Board of IPC (Institute of Printed Circuits) “October Project”
- Former Branch President, American Electroplaters
Married for 44 years to Eeva-Marja Copeland; two children: daughter Natasha Lyn (bank VP) and son Erik James (Airline Captain).