Milford Democratic Candidates for
Phil Vetro is Chairman of the Board of Alderman and is seeking his 6th term on that Board. He is Marine Corps Veteran who served two tours during the Vietnam War. Phil owns and operates his own business, Vetro Construction LLC.
- Currently Chairman of the Board of Alderman
- Served eight years on the Planning & Zoning Board, and served as Chairman
- Board of Directors of the United Way of Milford, and serves on the Executive Board
- Captain, of the Point Beach Volunteer Fire Engine Co. #6 for 30 years
- Milford DTC Distinguished Service Award in 2011
Phil and his wife Peggy have lived in Milford for the last 42 years. They have two grown sons, Phil Jr., and Thomas.
“I enjoy serving on the Board of Alderman, and if I get re-elected, I will continue to keep the quality of our residents’ services up, while keeping their taxes down.”
Local business owner Susan Shaw is seeking re-election to the Board of Aldermen. Previously, Susan served on the Planning and Zoning Board, and has been active in the economic development of Downtown and involved in local preservation and conservation efforts.
- Mayor’s Long Term Sandy Relief Task Force
- Board of Directors, Milford Environmental Protection Initiative
- Board of Directors, Milford Fine Arts Council
- Past Chairwoman, Planning & Zoning Board
- Former President, Downtown Milford Business Association (DMBA)
Susan is married to Phil Givens, graphic artist and printer. They have son, James, who is attending college and serves on the Milford DTC.
“Working together, we will move Milford forward through smart economic development, preservation of our history, protection of our natural resources, and ensuring efficient and responsive government.”
Earl Whiskeyman is seeking re-election to the Board of Education. He believes that when making decisions about education, we need to remember “the student first.”
- Director of Information Technology, Naugatuck Public Schools (2004-2009)
- Director, Graduate Program in Software Engineering Fairfield University
- BS, Economics, Millersville University, 1970 MBA, Pennsylvania State University, 1975
- Doctoral studies completed 2001, Southeastern University
- Vietnam Veteran, active service, 1963 – 1965
Earl and his wife, Rita, have five adult children, all of whom attended Milford Public Schools. Earl is also the grandfather of eight.
“Without teachers, administrators, support staff, parents and taxpayers, we would not have an educational system for our children. A balance of all interests is vital to the success of the school district.”
Heidi Gold-Dworkin is an extremely accomplished educator in science and science education. She has been the CEO of Little Scientists® (since 1995), a hands-on approach to teaching science to young children and to excite them about the world of science.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology – 1988, Masters in Philosophy – 1985 and Masters in Science – 1983, all from Yale University
- A.B., in Biochemistry, Cornell University, 1981
- Adjunct Professor – graduate level Science Strategies courses – UNH, SCSU
- Consultant – Bayer, Pfizer, and IBM 1997-2005
- Volunteer – New Haven Soup Kitchen
Heidi is married to Dr. Jay Dworkin. They have three grown children, Aviva, Olivia, and Robert.
Carl S. Moore his a health care executive, working in the industry for more than 10 years. He is currently an Informatics Specialist with Cigna Health Care. He received an undergraduate degree at UCONN and an MBA in Health Care Management at Regis University in Denver.
- Medical Specialist – United States Air Force
- Member of Black Data Processing Associates
- Co-Lead for Cigna’s African American Colleague Resource Group Partnership Group
- Mentor for Career Beginnings HS Students
- Sickle Cell Association of America Youth Advisor
- City of Milford’s Veterans Grave Preservation Commission
Carl and his wife, Diana Crosdale Moore, have a son, Isaiah. Carl enjoys jogging, golf, chess, basketball and softball.