Greta Stanford, a former teacher in the Milford School system at Live Oaks Elementary and Foran High, is seeking her second term on the Board of Aldermen. She is currently the liaison to the Milford Board of Education, and serves on the Public Safety & Welfare Committee. She is an asset to many civic organizations in the city.
- Member, Devon Rotary liaison to the Law Interact Club
- Lector, Christ the Redeemer Church
- Recipient of the PTA Lifetime Member Award
- Recipient of the Rotary Service Above Self Award
- Milford Education Foundation
Greta and her husband, Stanley, have a grown son, Greg, and three grandchildren, Taylor, Hunter, and Trinity.
“My constituents’ concerns are my concerns.”
Jim Patterson served on the Board of Alderman for four terms, from 2004 – 2011. He seeking to once again represent his first district constituents. Jim has been Chairman of Ordinance Committee and was a liaison to the Board of Education during his prior tenure.
- Former Member of the Inlands Wetland Agency (Parliamentarian and Vice Chair)
- Member of the Milford Lions Club; served on Board of Directors and was Treasurer
- Member of CERT in Milford
- Graduate of Citizen’s Police Academy
Jim is a nationally certified Paralegal and former EMT with Chamberlain Ambulance Service. He currently works for Cottrell Truck Line. His family includes his wife Kathy and two step-daughters Jennifer and Lori.
“Jim will continue to serve the interests of the first district.”
Currently serving on the Board of Education, Laura Fetter is a 2011 graduate of the Parent Leadership Training Institute. She has her MBA in business and is a bank officer with a regional bank.
Laura and her husband David have lived in north Milford’s Lexington Green for the past 19 years.
- Founding and current board member of Milford Education Foundation
- Past board member of Lexington Green, Milford Oyster Festival, and Apraxia Resource Center of CT
- Co-Leader, Girl Scout Troop
- 10 years – Co-Director, Mathewson Drama Club
- Member of One Voice PTSA
Laura and her husband have a daughter, Emily, who is a junior at Jonathan Law HS.
“I will continue my work to promote ‘best practices’ in education.”
Mark Ahrens, the owner/Center Director of Mathnasium Math Learning Center in Milford, is a graduate of James Madison University and received his Masters Degree in market research from the University of Georgia. He worked for AC Nielsen, IBM, and Golden Books Publishing before opening his own business.
- Youth baseball and basketball Coach
- Cub Scout leader
- Member of the Milford Chamber of Commerce
Mark and his wife, Teresa Nolan, live in Lexington Green. They have three children, Lindsay, Kaitlin and Sean, and five grandchildren ranging in age from six to two.
“I want to increase parental involvement and ensure that Milford’s graduates are college and career ready.”
Ray Arnold is a long-time Milford resident, living on Herbert Street for the past 21 years. He is a Virginia Tech graduate and is a corporate engineer at Unicorr Corporation, an Regional packaging company. Ray has been an active member of the Milford Town Committee for 14 years.
- Past member of the Library Board
- Past member of the Milford Housing Board
- Milford United Soccer Club – Commissioner
- Past Vice President of Parish Council – Christ the Redeemer Church
- Long-time participant in Milford Relay for Life
He and his wife, Ann, have two children, Raymond and Lena.
“I look forward to improving the community and to reinvigorating the Planning and Zoning Board.”