Milford Democratic Candidates for
A lifelong resident of Milford, Nick Veccharelli is a seven-term member of the Board of Aldermen. He has distinguished himself for holding the line on spending. He has worked to preserve open space, stop overdevelopment, and expand recreational facilities and activities for the young and elderly.
- Former Chairman, 4th District Democratic Town Committee
- Retired Milford Firefighter
- Retired Network Administrator
- Member, Milford Elks
- Member, East Shore Middle School PTA
Nick and his wife, Kathy, are the parents of two daughters, Kathy and Kelly.
“I promise to spend every single dollar like it was my own and I thank you for all your support over the past 14 years as your Alderman. I respectfully ask for your consideration again on this next upcoming election.”
Born and raised in Milford and raising her family here, Janet Golden is seeking her second term on the Board of Aldermen. She served on the Planning and Zoning board for four years and served two years on the Board of Education representing the second district.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS degree in Corporate Communications, SCSU
- Substitute teacher in Milford
- Field reporter for WPKN 89.5FM
- Camp Conejo: Director of Boys unit
- Le Leche League Leader Milford (1997-2004)
Janet and her husband David have been married for 20 years and have three children Rebecca, Sarah and Noah, all of whom attend the Milford public schools.
“One of our most important challenges is achieving a budget that balances a quality education for our children with taxes that are fair to our senior citizens. The start for a better tomorrow begins today.”
Tracy Casey has served as a member of the Board of Education for the past six years and is currently the Chairman. As the Director of Diversity at Aetna in Hartford, she brings a solid business perspective to the BOE. Tracy has strived to improve education while ensuring we spend our tax dollars in the most thoughtful and responsible way.
- Board, CT Alliance for Business Opportunities
- Former Board of Directors, Capital Workforce Partners & Equal Employment Advisory Council
- Currently pursuing an MBA at UConn
- BS in Organizational Behavior, Northwestern University (Honors Grad)
Tracy and her husband, Marty, have four children – the oldest graduated from Jonathan Law and ECA and the other three currently attend Milford Public Schools.
“I am seeking my fourth term on Milford’s Board of Education to continue the important work of ensuring a strong educational system, meeting the needs of every child, and being focused on Milford’s future.”
Susan Glennon is currently serving as Majority Leader of the Board of Education. She is liaison to the PTA Council and the Long Range Planning Committee. Sue has been involved in the Milford community for the past 20 years – as a parent, local leader, and small business owner.
- Chairman, 2nd District DTC
- PTA member since 1992 serving as an officer for several units.
- CT PTA Board of Directors, 2004-2011, Elaine Boulay Award (2006)
- Parent of the Year Award, 2002, Milford Schools
- PTA Council Honorary Life Achievement Award, 2010
- Susan has three grown children, all of whom attended Milford Public Schools.
“I believe my personal and professional experience, relating to education in Milford, brings a unique perspective to the Board of Education. I will work diligently to help our school system be the best it can be.”
Michael Dolan is seeking his first term on the Planning and Zoning Board. Recently married, Michael is a litigator with the law firm of Jacobs and Dow, LLC. Michael enjoys amateur ice hockey and golf in his free time.
- Graduate of Boston College, 2002, Honors Grad
- Graduate of the UConn School of Law, 2010
- Yale Sappern Memorial Fund Board Member
- Member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Connecticut and New Haven County Bar Associations.
Michael is recently married to Alyssa Dolan.
“I love Milford and want it be the kind of community that everyone can admire.”