Milford Democratic Candidates for
A life-long resident of Milford’s Third District, Frank Smith has served the citizens of Milford in many capacities over the years. He currently serves on the Board of Alderman and is Chairman of the Ordinance Committee. Frank is very active in regional arts and environmental organizations.
- Former Member, Council on Aging, Inland Wetlands Agency
- Has served on Devon Revitalization Committee, Walnut Beach, Wildmere Beach, and Laurel Beach Associations
Frank and his wife Diane have three grown children, Chris, Hillary and Bret.
“I am committed to providing responsive local government far the people of Devon and West Shore.”
Marty Hardiman has served the city of Milford for nearly 30 years in both elected and appointed positions. He is seeking his fifth term on the Board of Alderman.
- Alderman, Third District, eight years
- Board of Education, six years
- Constable, ten years
- Zoning Board of Appeals, five years
- Co-Founder, Milford Irish Heritage Society, Parade Grand Marshal 2010
- Member of the Permanent School Building Committee and Public Safety Committee
Marty, his wife Linda, and their family, enjoy many of the amenities of Milford, especially the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, an event which Marty chairs annually. As a long-time public servant, Marty has continually acted in the best interests of his constituency, has been a valuable voice for the residents of the Third District, and has been an outstanding official for all of Milford.
Milford restaurateur Christopher Saley, a lifelong resident of Milford, attended Kay Ave. School and Jonathan Law High School. He is excited about the opportunity to continue representing his neighbors in the 3rd district by being re-elected to his seat on the Board of Education.
- Owner, Bridge House Restaurant in Devon
- Member, First United Church in Milford Center
- Member of the Irish Club
- Former member of the Sewer Commission
- Former member of Pumpkin Delight and West Shore PTAs
Chris is the father of three daughters, Jillian 22, Emma 14, and Alexa 12.
“As a parent who has been active in the PTAs of our daughters’ schools, I hope to bring a parent’s perspective to the Board of Education, while representing the interests of all citizens of the 3rd District.”
The son of two public school teachers, George Gensure has lived in Milford for eight years and is looking to continue his work on the Milford Board of Education. He strongly supports arts and science at all levels of education, and believes that the classes and programs they instill are vital to the well-rounded growth of our students.
- Software Engineer, FactSet Research Systems
- Member, Democratic Town Committee
- Worked Pittsburgh Board of Education as a Programmer/ Analyst
- Graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with B.S. in Computer Science
George and his wife, Melissa live on Camden Street in Milford.
“I hope to raise a family here, and I would like to have a hand in improving the schools my children will attend. I will work to help our teachers improve education by putting money and energy where it belongs – in the classroom.”
Jim Quish was born and raised in Milford and has worked as an Estimator/Project Manager in the hazardous materials abatement industry since moving back to Milford in 1990. Jim is currently General Manager of Integrated Building Services LLC, an Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy company located in Milford. Jim has served previously on the Milford Board of Education.
- Graduated from Milford Academy, 1975
- BS, Northeastern University, 1980
- Member of the Permanent School Facilities Committee
Jim and his wife Lisa have three grown children, Ed, Katie and James.